Diesel Truck Mechanic:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Diesel Truck Mechanic
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for diagnosing, prioritizing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on truck fleet to maximize cost efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Diagnose and repair diesel trucks including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and other aspects of truck repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on truck fleet.
- Minimize downtime by prioritizing repairs and maintenance in the most practical way possible.
- Communicate with Parts Manager to accurately order parts when needed.
- Able to read and understand truck manuals.
- Complete purchase orders/work orders timely and thoroughly.
- Prior diesel mechanic experience required, prior electrical experience preferred.
- Ensure trucks meet standards set by the DOT, MSHA and other regulatory agencies applicable.
- Follow all company, local, state and federal safety standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Diesel Mechanics and all aspects of truck repair knowledge. Skills needed include computer skills, time management, good communication skills, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Must have ability to lift at least 50 pounds, must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights of at least 30 feet and must have ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Also requires occasional bending, twisting, squatting and crouching. Must be willing to work overtime.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, dusty conditions, uneven ground and electrical hazards. Also, exposure to chemicals and heavy moving machinery.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS REQUIRED: This is a full-time position. Normal schedule is Monday to Friday. Position may include Saturdays as needed. Overtime is required.