Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for diagnosing, prioritizing, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on heavy equipment fleet to maximize cost efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Diagnose and repair mobile heavy equipment and production equipment including aggregate crushing plants, water pumps and conveyors in areas including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment fleet.
- Minimize downtime by prioritizing repairs and maintenance in the most practical way possible.
- Communicate with Parts Manager to accurately order parts when needed.
- Able to read and understand equipment manuals.
- Complete purchase orders/work orders timely and thoroughly.
- Preferred background in electrical and heavy equipment operation.
- Ensure trucks meet standards set by the DOT, MSHA and other regulatory agencies applicable.
- Follow all company, local, state and federal safety standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Heavy equipment repair and electrical knowledge. Skills needed include computer skills, time management, good communication skills, prioritization and problem-solving skills. Ability to weld, cut and fabricate steel.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Must have ability to lift at least 50 pounds, must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights of at least 30 feet and must have ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Also requires occasional bending, twisting, squatting and crouching. Must be willing to work overtime.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work areas are exposed to all elements of weather, loud noise, dusty conditions, uneven ground and electrical hazards. Also, exposure to chemicals and heavy moving machinery.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS REQUIRED: This is a full-time position. Normal schedule is Monday to Friday. Position may include Saturdays as needed. Overtime is required.